The Russell Institute was donated to Paisley Burgh in 1927 by Miss Agnes Russell of Paisley as a memorial to her two brothers who died in 1913 and 1920 respectively. The building was to be used as a clinic for the welfare of mothers and children of the County of Renfrew and Burgh of Paisley. It was designed by the Paisley firm of architects Abercrombie and Maitland. Special efforts were made to ensure high standards of hygiene and it is one of the first buildings to be built of reinforced concrete and faced with dressed stone. Almost every Paisley Buddie has been through its caring hands at some point. Sadly this building is no longer in use as a clinic.