Paisley Tollbooth

 

Paisley Tolbooth on the corner of High Street and Moss Street was given to the Burgh in 1491; it served the purposes of the Municipal Building where the official Weights & Measures of the town were held in order to check on traders, it also acted as Burgh Courthouse and Town Jail. This is where the seven people accused of witchcraft were tried and found guilty before being taken to the Gallowgreen to be executed.